The term "Capsule Wardrobe" is suddenly being bandied about all over the place these days. But frankly, the advice goes from the ludicrous to the ridiculous. I mean, can you honestly only have ten items in your wardrobe?
"Capsule Wardrobe" means different things to various people. Because of it, it gets rather confusing to know which advice to follow.
There is never any need to complicate things. So, today, as always, I will give you my simple advice.
First of all, what does "capsule wardrobe" mean?
It means simply the following:
- A minimum of pieces do the maximum of work
- All the pieces in your wardrobe work together so that they 'work for their keep', if you will
- You don't hang on to items you never wear
- you opt for quality, not quantity
French women have been practicing the art of the capsule wardrobe for decades, but without calling it such. Our wardrobe is, effectively, a capsule wardrobe. (If you're read my book "The Tidy Closet" published in 2013, all this is already familiar to you.)
How do chic French women do this?
- We follow a fairly strict set of guidelines when out shopping.
- We wear what we love (of course!).
- We wear what suits our body shape and size.
- We prefer quality over quantity.
- We have a discerning eye for what looks right or not.
- We always abide by the 'less is more', which is one of the main pillars of French Chic.
There you have it, in a nutshell, the meaning and 'how to' of a capsule wardrobe, the French Chic way.
PS. If you want to know more about capsule wardrobes, French CHIC guidelines, give your wardrobe an overhaul, and upgrade your style, check out my brand newFrench Chic Academy!
It is being created with the successful and beautiful YOU in mind. ♥︎♥︎♥︎
Click & SUBSCRIBE
👠 "I am so proud of following your advice because I attended a function recently and a totally unknown lady came up to me and said how elegant I looked!!!! I was so happy, as you can imagine!!!! Thank you so very much for everything."
👠 "Love! Love! Finally a no non-sense approach to being chic, excellent tips, easy to do and understand, anybody can be chic!"
👠 "My closet is organized and I can put my hand on an item of clothing I'm looking for easily, thanks to your book"
👠 "I still need purging but thanks to you I was able to move in one wardrobe box instead of 3."
"Make every day special and beautiful"