Time is passing us all by at an incredible speed. It passes especially quickly as you get older. Time is very precious to us all and, for this very reason, I am an avid fan of multi tasking.
"Day, n. A period of twenty-four hours, mostly misspent." - Ambrose Bierce
My reasoning is, why do one thing when you can do two at the same time?
Let me give you a few examples of the multi tasking I do regularly or on occasion:
- Polish my nails while working at my computer
- Work on my laptop while sitting on sofa/TV is on
- Write on my laptop while on the boat to/from France
- Watch TV or read a book while riding my exercise bike
- Polish the bathroom mirror while brushing my teeth
- Tidy parts of my closet as I put my clean clothes away
- Read ebooks on my kindle while waiting at the doctor's, dentist's and any other queue
- Dog training while out walking the dog/s
- Positive thinking while out walking
- Wipe the work surfaces in the kitchen while waiting for the microwave to 'ping'
- Fill the dishwasher while waiting for the kettle to boil
- Write my shopping list as I cook
- Read the newspaper while stirring the risotto :0)
Some other suggestions:
- Think about your goals while out jogging
- Teach your child about your town as you walk with him/her
- Each talk about your day while having dinner at the table with the family
- Read a book in the bath
- Pull the weeds close to you while sitting in the garden with your cup of coffee
It goes without saying that there are instances where multi tasking should not be done in the interest of safety: Driving, riding, crossing the road etc.
Other instances are special moments spent with your children and other loved ones. These moments are precious and fleeting. Savour every second.
Do you multi task? Please share with us in the Comments box below.
Originally published on 1/9/12
I'm Marie-Anne Lecoeur. I teach women how to upgrade their style and think, shop & dress like a French woman in my Ecourses and The French Chic Academy
Click & SUBSCRIBE
👠 "I am so proud of following your advice because I attended a function recently and a totally unknown lady came up to me and said how elegant I looked!!!! I was so happy, as you can imagine!!!! Thank you so very much for everything."
👠 "Love! Love! Finally a no non-sense approach to being chic, excellent tips, easy to do and understand, anybody can be chic!"
👠 "My closet is organized and I can put my hand on an item of clothing I'm looking for easily, thanks to your book"
👠 "I still need purging but thanks to you I was able to move in one wardrobe box instead of 3."
"Make every day special and beautiful"