French women know a thing or two about adding the finishing touches to an outfit in an instant. One of our favourite accessories to do just that is a scarf. As an aside, in France, among the middle class (la bourgeoisie), it is de rigueur to receive your first 'foulard en soie
de chez Hermès' for your 18th birthday.
However, you don't have to wear silk scarves, nor designer ones for that matter to bring a bit of French chic to your ensemble. Choose any type of scarf, small, medium or large and learn to tie it in stylish ways, just like French women do.
Please read on to discover the ways a humble scarf can improve your style.
A scarf can:
- be so versatile due to the various ways it can be worn and tied
- pull the different colours of your outfit together
- brings bright colours towards your face
- give detailing to an otherwise simple outfit
- visually slim you down, if worn as a column down the middle of the body
- attract everybody's eyes to your face
- make you look grown-up, chic and elegant
- transform your look from boring to chic
Well, this was my tip for today, the power of scarves.
Please let us know your favourite way to wear your scarf, in the comments below,
If you enjoyed this tip, you may also enjoy this:
Tuesday Tip: The Simple Test That Shows You Which colours to Wear
These contain affiliates links
Click & SUBSCRIBE
👠 "I am so proud of following your advice because I attended a function recently and a totally unknown lady came up to me and said how elegant I looked!!!! I was so happy, as you can imagine!!!! Thank you so very much for everything."
👠 "Love! Love! Finally a no non-sense approach to being chic, excellent tips, easy to do and understand, anybody can be chic!"
👠 "My closet is organized and I can put my hand on an item of clothing I'm looking for easily, thanks to your book"
👠 "I still need purging but thanks to you I was able to move in one wardrobe box instead of 3."
"Make every day special and beautiful"